Job Posting: Blossom Bag Packer & Delivery Driver
The Blossom Bag Packer & Delivery Driver handles weekly produce packing and delivery to our retail customers and wholesale accounts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce Packing – This task requires good hygiene, and impeccable attention to detail. We pack 100+ shares of produce each week, and each bag has nuances. The Blossom Bag Packer is responsible for noting each variation per customer and accurately packing their order.
- In this unique time during the COVID-19 pandemic, we must take extra precautions in food safety, hygiene, and in protecting our customers. Many of our customers are of a high-risk population, signifying that if they were to contract the virus, it could be deadly for them. They make their food choices very carefully and are extremely aware of limiting their exposure to the virus. This is why they choose Squash Blossom. They have their trust in us, and we have a responsibility to them.
- Deliveries – The delivery driver must have reliable, clean transportation with plenty of storage capacity, and an impeccable driving record. They must be approved by Squash Blossom’s auto insurance policy and add Squash Blossom as additionally insured on their auto insurance policy. On deliveries, the contractor is the face of the business, representing dozens of local farms throughout New Mexico, providing friendly and accountable customer-service, and occasionally conducting sales. This person should have a warm, outgoing personality and build an in-depth knowledge of the company, products, and farms in order to thrive in this position. Having geographic knowledge about Santa Fe will make this job easier.
- The Blossom Bag Packer & Delivery Driver is encouraged to find creative solutions, innovations, and efficiencies in packing, distribution, and business growth.
- As the company grows and changes, additional responsibilities and duties may arise.
- Duties involve being on one’s feet for extended periods of time and lifting up to 50lbs.
- Must be detail-oriented, diligent, and reliable
- Should have some experience in food, farming, sustainability, and sales.
- Must be computer literate and proficient on Microsoft Office/Google Docs.
- Must be communicative, organized, engaged, and trustworthy.
- Must be able to work efficiently independently, and meet deadlines.
- Must have reliable, clean transportation, a valid driver’s license, and impeccable driving record.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must resonate with the mission of the company.
~15 hours/week. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Hours vary based on workload per week. Supplemental hours may be offered for special projects & events.
Compensation begins at $15.00/hr. + veggie perks. The Blossom Bag Packer & Delivery Driver will start as a contract worker, if it is a good fit, they will be moved to a payroll position within the company.
Send cover letters & resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org