Job Posting: Part-Time Blossom Bag Packer
The Blossom Bag Packer handles weekly produce weighing and packing for our retail customers.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce Packing – This task requires good hygiene, and impeccable attention to detail. We pack 100+ shares of produce each week, and each bag has nuances. The Blossom Bag Packer is responsible for noting each variation per customer and accurately packing their order.
- The Blossom Bag Packer is encouraged to find creative solutions, innovations, and efficiencies in packing, distribution, and business growth.
- As the company grows and changes, additional responsibilities and duties may arise.
- Duties involve being on one’s feet for extended periods of time and lifting up to 50lbs.
- Deliveries – The delivery driver must have reliable, clean transportation with plenty of storage capacity, and an impeccable driving record. They must be approved by Squash Blossom’s auto insurance policy and add Squash Blossom as additionally insured on their auto insurance policy. On deliveries, the contractor is the face of the business, representing dozens of local farms throughout New Mexico, providing friendly and accountable customer-service, and occasionally conducting sales. This person should have a warm, outgoing personality and build an in-depth knowledge of the company, products, and farms to thrive in this position. Having geographic knowledge about Santa Fe will make this job easier.
- Social Media – Light-hearted, informative posts 2-3 times per week featuring the produce, farms, deliveries, or recipes, not to exceed 1.5 hours per week.
- Must be detail-oriented, diligent, and reliable
- Should have some experience in food, farming, sustainability, and sales.
- Must be computer literate and proficient on Microsoft Office/Google Docs.
- Must be communicative, organized, engaged, and trustworthy.
- Must be able to work efficiently independently and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must resonate with the mission of the company.
~6 hours/week on Wednesdays. Hours vary based on workload per week. Supplemental hours may be offered for special projects & events.
The Blossom Bag Packer will start as a contract worker and must fill out a W-9. Compensation will begin at $15.00/hr + veggie perks. The company will issue a 1099 at the end of the year, and the contractor is responsible for paying their own taxes. If this is a good fit, the Blossom Bag Packer will be moved to a payroll position within the company.
Send cover letters & resumes to email@example.com